Goliath / Gantry Crane
Goliath / Gantry Cranes are running on rails installed at ground level. The above image shows two such cranes working in tandem. Such cranes are used at -
- Construction sites
- Ports and harbours
- Workshops where existing columns cannot bear the wheel loads of a bridge crane
- Sites / projects where crane itself needs to be relocated from one place to another Locations where loads are to be shifted from points outside the crane span as in the case of an overhang on either side of the rails
- Out door fabrication yards
In workshops where part utilization of shop bay is required (as in a tool room attached to a press shop), Semi-Goliath/Gantry Crane shall be used. In such a configuration one end-carriage of the crane will travel on the regular gantry rail while the opposite end-carriage will travel on a rail mounted typically on the ground or at a lower elevation.
Gantry or semi gantry cranes can be either of the Single Girder type or Double Girder type.
The cost analysis between an EOT crane and a Goliath/Gantry Crane shall be done in the following ways and can be decided accordingly.
- Cost of Gantry Girders that are required in case of a Bridge Crane
- Cost of Columns required for supporting the above Gantry Girders
- Difference in costs of civil foundation for columns (for Bridge Cranes) versus civil foundation for gantry rails (in Goliath / Gantry Cranes)
- Difference in Down Shop Leads cost of Bridge Crane versus Cable Reeling Drum and Cable Cost for a Goliath / Gantry Crane
If required, APEX Engineers can share their expertise to the end users of the type of crane to be installed based on a cost benefit analysis.
|Safe Working Load||5000 kg to 200,000 kg (or as required by the customer)|
|Spans||6 m to 40 m (or as required by the customer)|
|Height of Lift||As per customer specifications.|
|Class of Duty / Standards||Class 2(M5), Class 3(M7), Class 4(M8) as per IS 3177 / IS 807. Also available as per FEM, DIN, BS or any other applicable international standards.|
|Speeds||Selected depending on client specifications / applications / shed dimensions|
|Crane Control||From floor through Pendant Push Buttons Open Cabin / Totally Enclosed Cabin. (Radio remote Control shall be offered as optional on customer choice)|
|Drive System||Twin Drive with Squirrel Cage / Slip Ring Induction Motors, through totally enclosed, oil immersed, helical gearbox.|
|Motors||Foot mounted, IEC Frame Size, Crane Duty motors for all motions.|
|Brakes||Electro Hydraulic Thrusters for all motions. DC/AC Electro Magnetic Brakes or as additional brakes can be provided on request.|
|Power Supply System||For Hoist and Cross Travel through Trailing Cables For Crane through Cable Reeling Drum or any alternate system.|
Standard Features of APEX Goliath / Gantry Cranes :
- Optimum design ensuring minimum Dead Weight, Wheel Loads, Head Rooms and Clearances, reducing building costs.
- Forged cross travel and long travel wheels on ball / spherical Roller Bearings, resulting in long trouble free service.
- Hobbed and Run-In Heat Treated Gears machined from High Carbon Steel / Alloy Steels to ensure smooth, silent and durable service.
- Wide range of Hoisting, Cross & Long Travel Speeds to suit every operational requirement.
- Amply proportioned Main Girders and Legs of Box section, fabricated from IS 2062 plates that have undergone rigorous quality testing. All butt welds are 100% radio graphed. Main Girders and Legs further stiffened with long and short diaphragms.
- End Carriages are made either from rolled sections or fabricated from plates.
- Two Legs are of hinged design while the opposite two Legs are of fixed design. Hinged Legs are joined to the Main Girders through hinged joints.
- All Legs are braced.
- Well designed Live Axle Type Runner Wheels on "L" type bearing housings.
- Rope Drum fabricated from seamless pipes (ASTM A-106 Grade B) or from IS 2062 plates. The Rope Drum is stress relieved and the long seams are 100% radio graphed.
- Standardized sub-assemblies used for complete range ensures quick supply of spares in case of emergencies or routine maintenance.