Double Girder Cranes
Double Girder cranes received form major customers as bulk orders by APEX every year. As a result, the company has successfully managed to refine this particular product over time to reflect changing customer needs and evolving technology.
The figure above shows a 30T Double Girder EOT crane. We manufacture Double Girder Bridge cranes with or without the auxiliary hoisting feature also.
APEX also makes cranes that have a cabin control feature operated thro push button or master controller.
Depending on the Safe Working Load of the crane, the Double Girder Bridge Cranes have either a carriage type travelling mechanism or a bogie type travelling mechanism.
The range of specifications for Double Girder Bridge Cranes along with their standard features are given below.
|Safe Working Load||2000 kg to 200,000 kg (or as required by the customer)|
|Spans||6 m to 40 m (or as required by the customer)|
|Height of Lift||As per customer specifications.|
|Class of Duty / Standards||Class 2(M5), Class 3(M7), Class 4(M8) as per IS 3177 / IS 807. Also available as per FEM, DIN, BS, AISE, ASME or any other applicable international standards.|
|Speeds||Selected depending on client specifications / applications / shed dimensions|
|Crane Control||From floor through Pendant Push Buttons / Open Cabin / Totally Enclosed Cabin Radio Control(Radio remote Control shall be offered as optional on customer choice)|
|Drive System||Single / Twin Drive with Squirrel Cage / Slip Ring Induction Motors, through totally enclosed, oil immersed, helical gearbox.|
|Motors||Foot mounted, IEC Frame Size, Crane Duty motors for all motions.|
|Brakes||Electro Hydraulic Thrusters for all motions. DC/AC Electro Magnetic Brakes or as additional brakes can be provided on request.|
|Power Supply System||For Hoist and Cross Travel through Trailing Cables For Crane through Trailing Cable / MS Angle Iron Conductors / Bare Copper Conductors (depending on customer's choice)|
Standard Features of APEX Double Girder Cranes:
Optimum design ensuring minimum Dead Weight, Wheel Loads, Head Rooms and Clearances, reducing building costs.
- Forged cross travel and long travel wheels on ball / spherical Roller Bearings, resulting in long trouble free service.
- Hobbed and Run-In Heat Treated Gears machined from High Carbon Steel / Alloy Steels to ensure smooth, silent and durable service.
- Wide range of Hoisting, Cross & Long Travel Speeds to suit every operational requirement.
- Amply proportioned Main Girders of Box section, fabricated from IS 2062 plates that undergoes stringent quality testing. All butt welds are 100% radiographed. Main Girders further stiffened with long and short diaphragms.
- End Carriages are made either from rolled sections or fabricated from plates.
- Well designed Live Axle Type Runner Wheels on "L" type bearing housings.
- Rope Drum fabricated from seamless pipes (ASTM A-106 Grade B) or from IS 2062 plates. The Rope Drum is stress relieved and the long seams are 100% radiographed.
- Standardized sub-assemblies used for complete range ensures quick supply of spares in case of emergencies or routine maintenance.